Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy Birthday to Jon!

So today was Jon's birthday. We celebrated by getting haircuts for our upcoming auditions, and having people over for cake and beer. Which was delicious.

I managed to squeeze in yet another audition this Wednesday, which feels productive. I also have been able to sing just about every day for the past week without vocal fatigue or hoarseness. I FINALLY feel as though I've recovered from the vocal issues that have been plaguing me since the summer. Just like people with back problems take months and months to heal, so do singers with vocal problems. It is next to impossible to completely stop use of your vocal cord muscles. You just have to be incredibly patient...not one of my strong suits...and wait for your body to heal.

So I'm reveling in the happy feelings of a healthy voice, and raring to go for this week....one audition Wednesday, and then a string of 4 over the weekend. Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment