Wednesday, April 21, 2010

1 out of 2...so far!!

So I had my Musetta callback Monday, and shortly thereafter received an email welcoming me to the Verismo Opera Club of Chicago!

For those of you who haven't heard of it, the Verismo Opera Club of Chicago is a new company showcasing awesome singers doing awesome operas of Verdi, Puccini, and other verismo composers. It's a new company being headed up by a couple of pro singers in Chicago who are interested in getting to the core of an operatic performance and encouraging total collaboration between singers, instrumentalists, and production staff. Their premiere performance is Boheme, this August from the 13-15. And I get to be their Musetta!

I am especially happy to be a part of this company because it means my reputation is starting to catch on. I heard about and was invited to participate in this project based on an audition for a completely separate company. But everyone in this business seems to know everyone else, and if you make a good impression, as I guess I did, then things can start happening for you rather quickly.

So I'm thrilled! and now back to preparing for Saturday's Dido and Aneas callback.

No comments:

Post a Comment