Sunday, January 30, 2011

First Week is done!

I made it through the first week of OFY tour in good voice and in good company. Our cast was really great...not a weak link in the bunch, everyone relaxed and happy, and ready to teach a few thousand kids about opera. I was a little sad to leave, but am looking forward to a short break back in Cincy before my next tour leg.

Before returning to Cincy, though, I've made a stop in Chicago to see Jon in Gianni Schicchi with the Dupage Opera Theater. It was a wonderful show! Almost everyone involved has been/is about to be a Ryan Center Artist with the Lyric Opera of Chicago. The talent level was exceptional, but more than that, everyone seemed to be having such a great time up there, and the good times continued afterwards when we went out to celebrate closing night.

It was great to meet and talk with these singers...about outreach, about finding jobs, and about how life goes on whether or not you're singing at the Met. I know I've said it before on here, but I love being a part of this family of people who have chosen the same path I have. It's very enlightening to speak with people who are a bit ahead of me on the path...I always leave these conversations reassured and glad to see how genuinely nice most singers are.

Now it's back to CIncy...after tying up a few loose ends at my old apartment, whose lease ends Monday. Then I'll REALLY be done with Chicago, for now :-( it's been fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment