Monday, March 26, 2012

Rush and Crash

One of the interesting things about this career is you have periods of extreme stress followed by periods of NOTHING. In the past 2 months, I had about 10 auditions, 2 operas, and 1 concert, in addition to my teaching responsibilities. Now all of that is over. On the horizon I have a soloist concert, a recital, and a show, but for these couple of weeks, I have very little to do. I usually enjoy the quiet for 2 days and then go a little crazy. But I remember what one of my coaches in undergrad would tell me: find the pockets of time between hectic periods to do everything you can't do during the storm." Here's a list of what needs doing before the crazy starts up again:

-wedding planning (invitations, band list, centerpiece design)
-learning music for the next series of events
-TAXES
-pick a school and figure out where I'm going to be in the fall.

A pretty weighted list when I see it all written out. Yikes. Time to get over the perceived "calm" and make some of this list disappear.

2 comments:

  1. Would that coach happen to be Hugh Murphy? Megan and I saw him last weekend; we went to the opera at Purchase and sat directly behind him in the first row. I kept wanting to reach out and touch his head, but I thought that might be distracting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why yes, yes it would! That man has infinite wisdom. Jealous that you got to see Cendrillon! And cannot wait to see YOU!

      Delete