Monday, November 16, 2009

Birthday

Today was my 24th Birthday, and I celebrated by mailing 2 more young artist apps, and baking cupcakes for the children in Jon's Hansel and Gretel cast. (Though the costume ladies didn't appreciate it much - sad!) It was a fine birthday, and I got a lot of love from family via phone and email and friends via facebook.

It feels strange to be getting older - I have less excuses/exceptions made for me in the career because of my age. I am moving from ridiculously young artist to just young artist, and feel as though I have a lot to prove - my talent, my schooling and preparation. It's easy to remember why I chose this profession when I am onstage singing; not so easy when I'm filling out apps, traveling to auditions and generally working my butt off to have another awesome onstage moment.

Tomorrow I'm off to St. Louis to sing for their Opera Theater. I get to see Leann, my double from the Figaro I did at Bay View last summer! I'm crashing at her house and returning to Jon on the 18th.

Thanks everyone for the Birthday wishes! And I'll see many of you next week for Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, thanks for the blog shout out. It was great to see you. Love the blog! : ) -Leann

    ReplyDelete