Sunday, November 22, 2009

Leaving Louisville

I'm sitting backstage while Jon does his final performance of "Hansel and Gretel" and then we're off to Ohio. We stay with his parents tonight and then fly home to Boston tomorrow. And we both have an Ohio Light Opera Audition tomorrow afternoon and evening! It's exciting when we get an audition for the same place on the same day and time...most companies have auditions in several cities, with several dates planned for each city. It's a tricky coordination.

Yesterday we were fortunate enough to record several CD tracks for our applications to schools. I sang 2 arias and 2 art songs, and Jon sang 3 art songs. We are compiling what we recorded with previously recorded tracks for our school audition CDs. I'll be bringing extra CDs of my recordings to Thanksgiving for people to have, if they'd like.

After I return to Chicago I will actually have a month of mostly singing and little other work, which is a refreshing change from earlier in the fall. I have a Channukah concert, 2 Christmas masses, a Chicago Cultural Center performance, and a chamber Messiah with my roommates and other local musicians. Thank god for the holidays! It's when singers get the most work, and I'm glad that I'm known enough around the city to secure so many holiday gigs.

See most of you on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment