Tuesday, January 12, 2010

And the high continues!

So I was right about doing well at that audition...the director called me today and asked if I would like to perform the part of Yum-Yum (the lead role)! I said yes, of course, and did a happy dance down the street which made people look at me as though I were crazy.

It is for THAT crazy awesome feeling that I keep auditioning. People in the business think that a good average for a young artist is landing 1 job for every 20 auditions. Which is about where I'm at. As soon as I got home, I checked my email and saw that I got a rejection from a different company. It's not a big deal, but it's enough to keep me humble and, in a way, makes me more grateful for the job offer I've been granted.

So...first plug of many for this show:

Chicago Gilbert and Sullivan Opera Company presents The Mikado

March 12 and 13, 8pm, March 14, 2pm
Goodspeed Hall, University of Chicago, 1010 E. 60th Street


Hope that some of you can make it. And now I'm off to learn the music!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! You'll be playing in my old stomping ground! (In fact....I was Yum-Yum for the same company in 2002. The duality of our singing continues!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so funny. And awesome! I'm super excited. And you HAVE to tell me when you're coming to Chi again so we can hang out!

    ReplyDelete