Saturday, January 2, 2010

Back to Life, Back to Reality

I leave Cedar Rapids and Jon tomorrow :( and go back to Chicago. And my work set up for this month is disturbingly unclear at the moment....I know I have a couple of shifts at the restaurant and lots of rehearsal for my upcoming outreach tour, but other than that....I have NO IDEA. Hopefully I will start hours at my new job and maybe cantor for a Friday night service or two at my synagogue.

However, to put a positive spin on the month of destitute poverty ahead, I have 6 auditions coming up! :

Jan 9th - Gilbert and Sullivan company of Chicago and Bay View Music Fest (the same program I did last summer)

January 22 - Chautauqua (another summer program)

January 23 - BU DMA audition

January 24- Seagle Music Colony (another summer program)
and
January 25 - Indy Opera (resident artist position with Indianapolis opera)

so I could look at this month as a way to really work on my audition rep - this past week has felt AMAZING vocally...I think because Jon and I are sleeping in basement...no windows for sun to wake me up in the morning, so I've gotten ridiculous amounts of sleep...I think there's something to the whole take-care-of-your-body-for-good-vocal-health thing.

Time for self-discipline to kick in.

No comments:

Post a Comment