Saturday, February 6, 2010

North Carolina is supposed to be WARMER than Chicago

To be fair, it is. About 6 degrees warmer.

I flew in from Chi this morning to Raleigh, to stay with my brother and sister-in-law for a couple nights. I have an audition for school tomorrow about 90 minutes from their house, and they have generously agreed to house/drive me this weekend.

I'm a little worried because I've had a cold all week, which, typical of the kinds of cold I get, started in my head/sinuses, worked it's way to my throat yesterday and has settled firmly in my chest today. The chest is the last stop, I think, so hopefully tomorrow I'll wake up and be perfect....please...

It's very nerve racking that singing depends SO MUCH on your health. You can be a Met-worthy singer and one cold knocks you out of the audition/competition circuit for up to 3 weeks (or more). I've always had the attitude of plowing ahead despite illness, but sometimes it can hurt you more than help you to have that outlook if your career rides on it. I'm trying not to think of each individual audition as the be-all end-all of my career, because individually they aren't. It's a cumulative process.

No comments:

Post a Comment