Monday, February 15, 2010

Winter Highs and Lows

Today was a bizarre mix of depressing and hilarious events. First, I had a second interview for a job with a well-known corporate music and gymnastics school, where I would be hired as a desk clerk and class teacher. I enjoyed observing a class, but in the interview I was asked some difficult questions that I have been grappling with lately. These questions included "so, you aren't going anywhere for awhile? Because this is a permanent positions" and "where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

And, I answered truthfully: "I have nowhere to be besides here at the moment." But of course in my mind, I'm hoping that the Met will call up and offer me a dream career. That isn't going to happen though. At least not this year.

Also, I don't KNOW where I see myself in 5 years. Hopefully, I'll be building my career...but since so much of what I do is contingent on how I do in auditions/who I have connections to, I can't see clearly how I'm going to GET there. I'd also liked to be with Jon still :) which I can definitely see clearly.

So hard cold facts of reality were faced this morning, and I believe if I get this job I will stick with it until something better comes along.

But THEN I had Mikado rehearsal, and I have to say it's among the most enjoyable shows I've done. The director is wonderful, and the cast is talented, professional, and hilarious. I am having ridiculous amounts of fun, and am so glad that my family will be there to see it! If anyone else wants tickets, let me know. I'll hook you up!

No comments:

Post a Comment