Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Funny Story

as the spring weather has slowly come to Chicago, I've taken out my bike and started getting some exercise as I go about my day. Not only is it physically and environmentally friendly, but it gives me a chance to mentally reflect on important things in my life. These days, the most important thing is my upcoming recital with Jon. I have a LOT of music to memorize, and, while biking, I've been going over words and music in my head...or so I thought.

Maybe I can't differentiate between in my head and aloud, because when I stopped at a traffic light tonight while riding home, I noticed a man in a car on the adjacent street looking at me. I looked back at him and he asked "was that your voice?" Then I realized I had actually been singing phrases aloud instead of just going over them mentally. I answered "...yes?" and he said "well it's beautiful."

And I rode home with a spring in my pedal.

No comments:

Post a Comment