Thursday, June 10, 2010

New look

So my blog has a bright spring/summer-y feel now! I was getting tired of the dark colors...not enough contrast against each other. This looks better.

Not much to report...I've been nannying a lot. And learning music at night. My voice is tired because my body is tired. My optimal voice is usually reached after I've had several consecutive nights during which i get 8-8.5 hours of sleep, with only about an hour of full-out singing during the day. These past few nights I've gotten only about 6 or 7 hours...for various reasons. Missing Jon, Mooshoo the cat deciding to bat around a crumpled piece of paper for 3 hours, waking up to check for an anxiously awaited email or 2...none of these are valid reasons for not sleeping.

Maybe it's time to break out the TylenolPM. I have a concert tomorrow night, a coaching, lesson, and concert on Saturday, and a rehearsal Sunday. My voice is THERE, it's just not feeling all silky-smooth like it does when I'm in top shape. And I learned last summer NOT to push your voice when you aren't at the top of your game. So I will rest tonight instead of singing....maybe just mark through my selections and scenes for the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment