Friday, June 4, 2010

too much time on my hands

Jon left early this morning for Italy :( He will be a guest artist with the Oberlin in Italy program, singing the title role in their production of Don Giovanni.

While I am thrilled for him, I am SO SAD to go for 5 weeks without much contact..living together these past few weeks has been awesome, and I can't wait till he gets back on July 6 and we sing our Boheme with Verismo Opera Club of Chicago.

In the meantime, I suddenly feel as though I have NOTHING to do. This is not true at all...here is what's on my schedule for the next 5 weeks:

-Summer Outreach festival at Elgin. This includes, for me:
-German masterclass
-German concert
-French masterclass
-French concert
-staged opera scenes (act I of Manon, card trio from Carmen)
-Broadway concert (Gershwin, Carousel and Guys and Dolls scenes)
-small role/cover of lead in Dido

-continuing to babysit (I watch kids from 4 different families!) and teach piano.

-trip to NYC for a weekend! Excited to see all of my undergrad friends/take a coaching and lesson or two.

-continue to learn/coach Boheme for August

-begin work on Eternal Tao (an October opera I'm in, newly composed and funded by the Guggenheim Foundation)

-begin to learn Mabel for my OFTY tour.


See! When I write it all out, I feel busier. I could probably squeeze in a day or two at the beach though.

More on summer adventures as they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment