Sunday, June 6, 2010

Goals

With all of my "thinking time" lately, I've come up with several goals for myself. I realized that saying you have too much time on your hands is really an avoidance technique. No one has enough time in their life to do all they'd like; I think this time is a blessing and a way to really focus on things which may, when I'm busy, fall by the wayside.

I've set goals for my body, my voice, and my mind...I'm getting back to writing (hence the upcoming higher frequency in blogging), and I've decided to focus on one or two very specific vocal issues and fix them. Another "mind goal" is to try and slow down, and harness my seemingly endless mental energy into a more focused approach to everything I do. That sounds kind of weird, but everybody my entire life has been telling me to "slow down" and I've ignored them. But I'm starting to think that I shouldn't...that learning to relax is not a way of giving up but a way of working towards getting what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment