Thursday, September 30, 2010

Accomplishments

Even without internet in my apartment (it's been 8 weeks now, kind of amazing...I spent a significant amount of time yelling at an RCN man today), I managed to get most of my goals for the month accomplished.

I did my 2nd recital with Kyra last night, and it went pretty well. I always wish I had more time to analyze music and get my presentation better prepared, but we were well received and had a lot of fun. Tonight I record "Mi Chiamano Mimi" for a friend's conducting DVD, and then Saturday I go to Madison for Pirates rehearsal week! woohoo.

I also managed to get 20 applications off in the past week. This feels incredible...so far I got 1 audition, no rejections. If only the track record would stay that positive....we shall see. I also learned that I don't have to get off the school apps as ridiculously early as previously thought, since I can actually make all the normal auditions in the winter, even with my OFTY tour schedule. Yay! So I'm taking a brief hiatus from the madness of application-assembling.

In other news, Jon got cast as the Marquis in Dialogues of the Carmelites at CCM! Very exciting.

I think that's it. mostly I miss the cathartic hours spent surfing online, looking at nothing at all. You'd think I would have accomplished more with no internet, but so much of what I do is tied into the Web that mostly I've been watching public television and playing Spider Solitaire (which is SERIOUSLY addictive).

Hopefully I will post more next week as I'm fairly certain my hotel room will have internet. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment