Monday, September 20, 2010

writing from library

I just had an early rehearsal at my old school for an outreach show I'm doing this Friday, so I had a minute to bask in the glorious free internet that is provided by Academia.

This weekend I put together 18(!) applications. I am recording this evening (the voice fairy visited me this weekend and fixed all of last week's fatigue) and then sending them off tomorrow. It is always such a circus to put together everything...each company has their own litany of what they deem important to judge you as a singer, and it's your job to make everything look as professional as possible, since you are basically selling yourself as a product.

I don't have much work this week, but that's good since I have 2 concerts, 2 recordings, 1 outreach show, and still memorizing 2 operas. Sometimes I wonder how I'm going to get it all done, but it seems to miraculously fall into place.

This past weekend I visited Jon in Cincinnati (LOVE our new apartment) and sat in the living room surrounded by lists, envelopes, resumes, headshots, and applications. He quietly let me go nuts for the 5 hours I needed to assemble everything....I am SO THANKFUL to have a partner who completely understands what I have to go through each year.

1 comment: