Friday, September 3, 2010

Getting my ducks in a row

This fall is exceptionally busy for me, mostly due to 2 operas in October. I am also working kind-of-full-time. BUT audition season waits for no one!

My plan this year is to have ALL of my applications out by October 1. Some are for summer programs, like Santa Fe, and some for 1 to 2 year-round programs where the singers are kind of the resident artists for a company. Applications often include headshots, resumes, letters of recommendation, recordings, proof of birth, first-born child, etc.

In addition, I have decided to apply to 2 or 3 schools for doctoral programs. This would be difficult as it may mean spending a year away from Jon. But we both understand that in this career we may have to be apart a lot, and we work hard to keep our relationship close even when we are apart...as we are these next 6 months or so.

SO to recap:

learning 2 operas
filling out 50 billion apps
working full time
doing it all before october 1st.

ok go.

1 comment: