Friday, August 27, 2010

Week's Almost Up

I leave NEMC tomorrow...the week has been bittersweet. This place is still absolutely amazing: beautiful scenery, fresh air, and you hear music being played no matter where you are on campus. But the experience has made ME feel pretty old; most of the counselors were younger than me, if not in many years then in schooling and life experience. But I had fun anyways.

We were given some downtime, as promised, and I tried to use it wisely. Occasionally life things got in the way (I battled some nasty food poisoning one day; another day, the toilets in my cabin overflowed and we all mopped it up) but I also became MUCH more familiar with the music I'll be singing in the next 2 months. I think it was helpful to have time and learn how to budget it, because my fall is going to be a crazy mishmosh of nanny work and music work, and it will be interesting to see how I make it all happen. I know everything will get done, but I'm going to have to be harder on myself than I have been in the past with time management...I sense some new schedules are going to be drafted.

Tomorrow I meet with my family again, spend 1 more day in Maine at a friend's house, and then prepare to head back to the midwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment