Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm Backstage!

At my Puccini gala concert with the Verismo Opera Club of Chicago. I've finished my portion of this evening's program. And...it was FUN. One hopes that, having to put so much time and energy into getting onstage, that it would be fun once you're actually ON it. But it isn't, always. Sometimes it's nerve racking, if you haven't prepared adequately. Getting something "performance ready" generally takes a lot of time and energy for me..if I haven't put in the time, I tend to overthink what I'm doing, and that is when I'm most likely to screw up.

I will say that I spent a bit less time on the repertoire I sang tonight than I normally do...and yet everything went quite well. It leads me to believe that I am sabotaging myself when I doubt that I can, in fact, do my job. I just did it, it was fun, and I get to do it again on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment