Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Birthday!

I am no longer even in the shade of "early 20's"

a hard-and-fast age of 25 means there are no more excuses. When I was about 18 I decided, after hanging out with an older crowd, that I was going to do every stupid thing there was to do until I was 25, and then that would be IT and there would be NO MORE SCREWING UP ALLOWED.

Then this morning I left a pancake in the pan for 10 minutes....thanks smoke detector! 5 minutes later, I blew a fuse while trying to blowdry my hair. WIN.

There is a certain confidence I'm gaining in my career, though. I am now officially at the age where Things Can Happen...big comp wins, young artist programs, etc. I have no more excuses of "oh I'm a baby, it's fine." The normal uncertainty of career is there, but hopefully this "wisdom" I'm gaining through all of my past stage experiences will calm me down a bit and make this audition season one of smooth sailing.

And now, to go fill out some forms where I have to check the "25-40" year old box instead of "18-24."...I'm sorry, WHO made that call? Maybe this means all the angst of adolescence will just melt away.....fingers crossed. Off to rehearsal!

No comments:

Post a Comment