Saturday, December 4, 2010

In the thick of it

2 auditions Thursday, 2 auditions yesterday. Now I have the weekend off, and start up again in Chicago on Monday.

Though it is overwhelming to rattle off all my auditions when someone asks about my schedule, it is much easier to do them when it's all happening in real time.

But I will say this: being at NOLA (the audition studios in NYC) during these weeks has to be the most stressful thing I've witnessed in a while. Or at least, it should be. 100 people crowded into a tiny hallway, 3 different companies holding auditions on the same floor, everyone either making or avoiding idle chit-chat with everyone else....and I kind of like it. I feel comfortable enough in how I'm sounding and performing to think that a company will (eventually) notice and hire me. Yes, the sheer numbers are against everyone who is trying to make a go of this career. I finally feel like I have something worth sharing in the performances I give, and that's what these auditions are...mini, super-important, judged performances.

Now I'm off to Long Island to hang out with Megan, my maid of honor...getting AWAY from the giant nervous crowd of 20-something singers sounds pretty awesome right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment