Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wiggle Room

Things are changing rather quickly right now. My interviews have been successful (hired at 3 schools so far! And one more interview to go). I'm beginning to build a student base, and as I do so, I'm able to let go of my other work. But it's a time of very strange transition...some weeks are FILLED with work, some have almost none, and I'm hoping to fill them with students so I'm leaving them open for now. We're back to uncertainty! But hopefully uncertainty that will be made certain soon.

The writing front is going well. My review was acceptable to Cincinnati Opera, and today I received my official pass-to-get-a-press-pass. Very exciting to know that my review is the first that David's Voice has published on Cincy Opera, and now it won't be the last! I've also begun covering the Cincinnati Fringe festival...a 12 day affair of all things avant-garde. It's fun so far but pretty demanding for me both time-wise and writing-wise...I'm putting forth reviews and tweets and blog posts at a faster clip than ever before. I am sure it will be a useful exercise for me both as a writer and an artist.

And performing is kinda okay too right now. I have Wizard of Oz right around the corner, then a recital in July (and MAYBE a show in July too...fingers crossed for audition Friday), and then certainly another opera at the beginning of October. It feels like I am starting to have more control and steer my life and work in a satisfying direction. I can't wait to see what develops next.

No comments:

Post a Comment