Saturday, December 19, 2009

Job Satisfaction

So it's been an absolutely INSANE week....I worked at the restaurant every day, had 3 rehearsals, was a substitute cantor on Friday night, and had 2 concerts today.

The concerts were performances of our chamber Messiah...8 singers, a string quartet, a pianist, and 2 trumpeters. We were at North Park Covenant Church in the afternoon and St. John Berchman's church this evening. Both concerts went wonderfully; we performed the Christmas portion (part I) of the Messiah, and were asked by both churches to come back at Easter and perform parts II and III. Which is exciting and awesome.

While I've been performing all these musical opportunities that I've created for myself, I continue to get a mixed bag of wait list/rejections from various schools and companies. And for some reason, I let that bother me more than I let myself enjoy the singing jobs that I DO have. It's part of wondering when I will become a "real" singer instead of having the confidence to know that people do enjoy my voice and want to hear me perform. And I WANT to perform for them, but seek validation from the companies that won't hire me.

My mantra for now is: At least I get to sing tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment