Friday, December 11, 2009

'Tis the Season

So with a few more auditions out of the way, this week turned out not so bad. Jon is here, which is awesome, and I sang a gig at my synagogue tonight. It was a choir concert/Shabbat service. The choir is made up of half ringers (professional choristers) and half amateurs. We made a decent sound, I think. The pianist of the klezmer band (yes, the synagogue has an amateur klezmer band as well) came up to me afterward and told me I had a fantastic voice. It is moments like that where I think I can keep trying to sing and "make it." Or maybe by virtue of comments like that, I already have....but then I remember I have to work my non-singing job tomorrow night...oh well.

Here is the first plug of MANY for my MESSIAH CONCERT! woot. The dates and times are:

Dec. 19, 3pm, North Park Covenant Church, Chicago
Dec. 19, 7:30pm, St. John Berchman's Church, Chicago

Dec. 20, 2pm, St. Norbert's Parish, Northbrook.


Anyone local who is reading my blog, PLEASE come see us! It should be pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment