Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hot Time, Summer in the City...

I'm in the middle of a WONDERFUL weekend in NY with Megan, my old college roommate, and bunch of friends here from college/singers I know from elsewhere that have moved to NYC.

Yesterday afternoon I had a lesson with my teacher from undergrad, and she got me back into my "happy singing place" if only for an hour. She was pleased with my progress, and we touched on a few technical things that have slipped/adjusted since I left her. But overall it was a positive experience.

Then, that evening, about 10 of the kids from my senior class at Purchase met up for dinner at a great Italian place in Midtown. And the night was lovely, from start to finish. I felt so comfortable being around the people I had grown up with in college. Some of us are still singing, some of us aren't. But that doesn't matter so much, as we have all grown to love and respect each other. It was a great night of reminiscing, drinking, eating, and laughing.

Pictures to follow! And a coaching in a few hours, followed by an evening of Karaoke! (there is NO WAY that would work if the order of those events were switched. I love to belt some Ella....)

No comments:

Post a Comment