Saturday, June 26, 2010

I did it!

Scenes came and went, last night and tonight, and both were very good! I am proud of myself and glad to know that if it comes down to the wire, I am capable of memorizing things pretty quickly.

however, this week has been pretty taxing on my voice, as it has been on the other voices in the program. There are always a couple weeks in summer programs where the staff REALLY pushes you in terms of singing, staging, and sleep deprivation. Tomorrow afternoon is our Broadway showcase, with a fairly light load for me - one solo and one duet. BUT the next day I have a French masterclass and want to sing the Gavotte, which is pretty challenging. That said, I plan to sleep a LOT and try not to drink/shout/talk much over the next couple of days. Hopefully after that I will have the voice I need to get through Manon. I am constantly adjusting my sleeping/eating/drinking needs according to my voice and its level of fatigue or strength...I hope it doesn't always need such radical adjustments in my schedule in order to function.

I noticed last week in my lesson and coaching that I sang for about 90 minutes straight without getting tired. I want to try and REALLY solidify my technique so I can do that every day, every performance without feeling sore or like my voice has any sort of fatigue. It's difficult but I believe absolutely necessary to eliminate those "weak" or "off" days.

No comments:

Post a Comment