Monday, July 12, 2010

It's been awhile.

My time this past week and a half has been eaten up by DRIVING and Dido and Aeneas.

The show went very well...this whole summer experience has taught me that I CAN in fact learn music at a fast and efficient clip.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, I guess) the music learning won't have time to slow down. I go into Boheme rehearsals in 2 days...I have begun rehearsing for my Guggenheim opera in October...I have a recital with my roommate, Kyra, cellist, in September...and the Pirates of Penzance tour begins rehearsing in a few months as well.

I am discovering more and more the need for a strict Practice schedule on my part. My "real" job as a babysitter/music teacher is somewhat sporadic, so music learning is my top priority. I have become so accustomed to the structure that school provided for learning music in a timely fashion, and need to develop my own similarly structured time table for learning/memorizing/analyzing music on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment